The Office of Students' Affairs takes pleasure in introducing a very new and innovative sports programme - The Integrated Sports Training Programme (ISTP). This programme is primarily aimed at
- Verbal: Where senior causes mental harassment, discomfort for the junior by forcing him/her to answer unacceptable/ personal questions, dance, sing etc is said to rag the junior. It also includes within its ambit cyber ragging. Punishment: 1 year imprisonment or fine or both.
- Severe Verbal Ragging: Where the mental harassment, discomfort is to such an act as forces the junior to withdraw from the college. Punishment: 7 year imprisonment with fine.
- Physical: Any act by the senior towards the junior which in icts bodily injury on the junior, like beating the junior, hitting him/her with objects etc. Punishment: 7 year imprisonment with fine.
- Sexual Ragging: Where the senior asks the junior to do an act which damages sexual dignity of the junior. Punishment: 7 year rigorous imprisonment and fine.
This programme has been divided into two levels
- Level 1 will be offered in the first semester of every academic year. Please note that students are required to fulfil the requirements of this level in order to qualify for participation the inter-IISER sports meet. However, clearing this level does not guarantee selection. Only the best students who display outstanding talent and commitment will be shortlisted by the coaches for the meet.
- Level 2 will be a more advanced training programme that will be offered in the second semester of each academic year. This level will require the completion of Level 1 as a pre-requisite.
The programme has been specially designed to make the pursuit of sports a very enjoyable and fulfilling experience for the students. The other details regarding the programme are available in the attached document. We encourage you to read through the document carefully.
Integrated Sports Training Programme(ISTP)